Create a simple prayer space in your home, and gather there to pray during the week.
- Palm Sunday: At your regular Mass time, read the first Palm Sunday Gospel (Mt 21:1–11) and meditate on or discuss what Jesus might be thinking as he enters Jerusalem for the last time.
- Holy Thursday: Bake bread for sharing at dinner; make a ritual of stripping the dinner table of all cloths and decorations after dinner.
- Good Friday: Pray the Stations of the Cross at 3 p.m.
- Holy Saturday: In the morning, read Psalm 64 and break your Good Friday fast solemnly with a simple meal.
- Easter Sunday: Dress up the dinner table again. Include candles and crosses, so that the candy baskets aren’t the only festive items present. Sing Alleluia and read the Easter Gospel (Matthew 28:1-10) with solemnity and joy.
Look online for other suggestions for celebrating Holy Week at home, to deepen and enrich your experience at this time of social isolation.
Copyright © J. S. Paluch Co., Inc.